PhD in Human Movement (Doctor of Philosophy)
Study human movement at the highest level, and contribute important ideas to the field, in your PhD in Human Movement at VU.
We give you access to world-class facilities and expert supervisors to support your ground-breaking research.
PhD in Human Movement at VU
VU’s research in human movement was recently rated as 'well above world standard' by Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
Our high-performance in sport and healthy populations research programs give you opportunities for PhD research in scientific and social areas. Examine the movement factors that influence sporting performance, or develop exercise interventions for clinical practice. We have a wide range of exciting research options.
You’ll benefit from our commitment and investment in human-movement research:
Footscray Park’s $68 million high-technology teaching and research facility
our interdisciplinary Institute of Health and Sport
collaboration with industry partners.
You’ll submit your research findings as a formal PhD thesis. You’ll also learn to present your research in academic publications and conference presentations.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A PhD in human movement can lead to high-level work in government, healthcare, the sport and recreation industries, and academia.
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree with thesis;
- admissible bachelor degree Completed with a degree classification (as awarded on degree certificate) of first Division with Distinction (70%).
English Language Requirement
- Achieved an IELTS, (Academic Module) result with an overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6) or equivalent and completed a Masters degree or a relevant four year undergraduate degree with Honours or its equivalent at a high standard.
- Course Code: 084117C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Doctor of Philosophy (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Food Sciences & Technology (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Human Movement (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Medical & Biological Science (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Nursing & Midwifery (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Sport & Recreation (Integrated) at Victoria University