Bachelor of Law and Business
What is Law and Business?
In our global economy, businesses now deal with more complex issues concerning government regulations and international trade policies. Conversely, the law has had to grapple with constantly evolving commercial organisations and business practices. With the growth in the size of legal practices and the expansion of the work of the legal profession into areas of mergers, acquisitions and taxation, the work of legal graduates and business graduates has blended in many aspects.
This joint degree aims to give you an in-depth understanding in the disciplines of law and business and to develop a critical understanding of both the legal framework of business activity and the economic and commercial context in which law operates.
You will have the opportunity to focus upon the many areas of overlapping interest between the two disciplines, for example, the structure of companies and other forms of business organisation, competition law and regulation of markets, consumer law, labour law, finance and financial markets, taxation, the protection of intellectual property and international perspectives on law and business.
Do you enjoy…
- Problem solving, critically analysing, thinking, questioning and challenging issues?
- Learning about the complementary disciplines of business and law in an ever changing global economy?
- Advancing your understanding of business practices?
Law and Business: The course for you?
This course is aimed at individuals seeking a career defined by the application of legal principles and management practices. The program will provide you with a firm grounding in law along with strong management skills; enabling students to choose from a wide range of career opportunities or further study.
Law and Business at Trinity
Both the Schools of Law and Business are recognized for their unique and innovative degree programs and structures. Both schools enjoy a strong international profile, with excellent relationships with Irish and global organizations in both the private and public sectors.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: TR580
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- Law (JH) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honours Political Science (JH) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.S.S. (Hons) Social Studies at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and Political Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and German at Trinity College Dublin
- Bachelor of Law and French at Trinity College Dublin