Graduate Certificates in Health Management
The certificate is designed to meet the growth in management opportunities arising in the health care industry due to medical-technological development, the increasing percentage of older people in our society, and the demands to provide efficient yet high-quality patient care. Employment opportunities for trained managers in teaching and community hospitals as well as with other providers such as rehabilitation hospitals, nursing homes, and home care agencies are increasing. Positions are also opening in ambulatory clinics, insurance companies, and health maintenance organizations. Each of these organizations provides expanding employment opportunities and career paths for professional growth for clinicians and non-clinicians alike. The certificate program is designed to provide students with a solid foundation to go on for a master's degree.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Official transcript indicating graduation from an accredited baccalaureate institution.
- A one-page statement of purpose indicating career plans, interests, and objectives in pursuing a graduate degree.
- A professional resume.
- TOEFL scores must be submitted if a citizen of a non-English speaking country and have not earned an academic degree in the United States (Minimum Score: 79).
Although a background in health is not required for admission, applicants with significant health industry experience are given preference when program capacity is limited. For other applicants, one’s academic record and professional work experience are especially important. Applications can be submitted and evaluated at any time. We nevertheless recommend that those seeking admission for the Fall semester have applications complete by May 15, and that those seeking admission for the Spring semester have applic
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Graduate Certificate in Systems Models and Management at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain and Operations Management at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration & Leadership at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Innovation and Entrepreneurship at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Foundations of Business at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Management at University of Massachusetts Lowell