Master of Dance Movement Therapy
The Master of Dance Movement Therapy is an internationally recognized professional accreditation. Over two years of study and research, students become fluent in key aspects of dance movement therapy including anatomy and kinesiology, movement analysis, psychology, dance-based interventions in community and clinical settings, and individual and group therapeutic relationship. You will critically examine practices, theories, and issues enabling you to contribute to the field of dance movement therapy in practice and theory.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Master of Dance Movement Therapy provides qualification as a certified dance movement therapist, for registration in New Zealand, Australia and beyond, in clinical and community contexts. This programme leads to career opportunities bringing together dance and health in diverse national and international contexts.
Jobs related to this programme
- Activities coordinator in aged care
- Arts therapist
- Counsellor utilising dance therapy techniques
- Dance movement therapist
- Disability dance specialist in schools
- Group facilitator (disability, children, families, high needs populations)
- Teaching, training, education
- Therapeutic dance teacher
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Urban Design at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Heritage Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Design at University of Auckland
- Master of Theology at University of Auckland