The National University of Singapore (NUS) Juris Doctor (JD) is offered by the NUS Faculty of Law.
The JD degree is a graduate law degree that may lead to qualification for the practice of law in Singapore.
At NUS, you may select from one of two JD programmes: (i) a two-year single graduate degree programme for candidates holding a basic law degree from another jurisdiction; or (ii) a three-year single graduate degree programme for candidates holding a non-law degree.
The Three-Year JD, which replaces the Graduate LLB (GLB) programme, can be completed in two-and-a-half years in exceptional circumstances.
Why This Programme?
- Earn a prestigious qualification from the top law school in Asia, and 10th in the world1.
- Choose from a comprehensive range of specialisations in areas such as Corporate & Financial Services Law, Intellectual Property & Technology Law and International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution, taught by more than 70 full-time faculty members and over two dozen adjunct faculty members.
- Increase the richness of your academic experience at NUS Law through the sharing and intensive three-week elective modules offered by visiting professors from some of the top universities in the world, including Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, the London School of Economics and Political Science, Melbourne, Seoul National University and University of Hong Kong among many others.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
International students are allowed to work not more than 16 hours per week.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- No requirement
- May submit a request with supporting documents for consideration (on a case-by-case basis) to be granted a waiver
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 100 (Internet-based), or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum Academic score of 7.5
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10400 SGD
Application Fee: 20 SGD