Automotive Engineering MEng
Our Master of Engineering (MEng) degree lets you specialise your degree with a range of options and provides you with the
educational requirements needed to become a Chartered Engineer. Automotive Engineering at Sussex covers all aspects of modern automotive development, including engine, transmission and chassis design.
Our research feeds directly into our teaching, so you'll benefit from our work in dynamics, control and vehicle research. Research projects include automotive control system, automotive on-board diagnostics system, electric motor-driven camless valve train for IC engines, and autonomous vehicles. You’ll study in our Future Technologies Labs that incorporate computer suites and new automation/robotics facilities. There is also a dedicated manufacturing lab with state-of-the-art facilities such as CNC machines and 3-D printers.
In our Formula Student projects, you’ll get the chance to work on one of our electrical or internal combustion engine single-seat racing cars. In addition, you’ll benefit from our links to world-leading automotive companies when preparing to become a professional engineer. We have dedicated academic advisers to support you during you time at Sussex, as well as a team of student mentors.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 34 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Evidence of existing academic ability at a high level in Mathematics is essential.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Mechanical Engineering (with an industrial placement year) MEng at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics BEng (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics MEng at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics (with an industrial placement year) BEng (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Product Design (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Product Design BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex