Master of Urban Design
The urban design focuses on the design of the spaces between the buildings that make up our town and cities.
The MUrbDes will equip you with the knowledge and skills to analyze and design urban environments. Through studio-based projects, you will respond to real urban design issues and contexts, including sustainable design practices, the role of physical and social infrastructures in cities and urban investment and development.
The MUrbDes give built environment professionals the opportunity to develop this specific skill set and knowledge. It is suitable for people with a professionally recognized qualification in architecture, urban planning or landscape architecture. If you have relevant practical experience in one of these fields, you may also be eligible for entry.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The MUrbDes will help you develop the skills, practical knowledge, and contextual understanding to work in both public and private practice. Urban design expertise is required both in existing cities and for new developments, with knowledge of cultural sensitivities and environmental design practices sought after.
Jobs related to this program
- Environmental planner
- Iwi planning officer
- Policy analyst
- Resource consent planner
- Transportation planner
- Urban designer
- Urban planner
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Urban Design at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Heritage Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning at University of Auckland
- Master of Theology at University of Auckland
- Master of Music at University of Auckland