Biology with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons)
A deep academic understanding of life on earth is more important than ever. Studying living organisms in all their epic variety helps us to identify critical threats and major opportunities, from the smallest scale to the biggest.
This biology degree gives you the flexibility to explore natural life wherever your interests lie.
It is suitable if you do not have the necessary qualifications to enter year one. You will be given the chance to develop the required scientific and numerical understanding which is essential to the successful completion of a Biology degree.
At the end of the Integrated Foundation year you will progress to a BSc Biology, a BSc Marine Biology or a BSc Zoology.
You may have the opportunity to undertake field courses in places such as Sikkim, India, Borneo and Puerto Rico. The Erasmus+ Student Mobility Programme also allows for placements in Europe and North America.
Studying biology at Swansea University gives you access to world-leading teaching and cutting edge facilities across ecological, physiological and molecular studies.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Our typical offer is CCD from three A levels or equivalent to include Biology.
BTEC Extended Diploma: Grades DMM. Only science-based BTECs will be considered (excluding City & Guilds/BTEC Animal Management and Health Science).
Access to HE (Science): 27 Merits to include Biology (excluding Health Sciences and Animal Management).
IB: 28 (including 4 HL or 7 SL in Biology or Human Biology).
Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applicants with GCSE qualifications alone.
General Studies and Key Skills qualifications are normally excluded from our offers.
All applications will be considered on an individual basis, and we will look at the whole application when deciding whether to make an offer of a place, including: the balance, nature and quality of A-level, AS and GCSE subjects (or equivalent); personal statement and referee’s comments.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Pure Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Philosophy, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) With a Year Abroad/ a Year In Industry at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Chemistry with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY