Higher Certificate in Business Tourism
What is the Higher Certificate in Business in Tourism?
This course is two years full-time and will provide students with the core abilities to succeed in a variety of positions within the tourism and travel industry.
The subject of tourism is concerned with the movement of people, usually for leisure or business but increasingly for education, health or other purposes and how people and resources interact as the travel process takes place. It is also concerned with the impact tourism has on communities and in the management of that industry in order to maximise positive benefits.
Special Features of Higher Certificate in Business in Tourism course
An integral feature of this course is a period of work placement during the summer between year one and two. In year two you will also have the opportunity to specialise in two subjects, Guiding or Travel Trade Operations.
The Travel Trade programme is an external course offering students the ability to work in Travel Agencies once they have obtained the certificate. Alternatively the Guiding module can be taken, offering students the opportunity to obtain their Failte Ireland Badge.
First Aid and practical guiding skills are a requirement to obtain the badge.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD174
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR