Bachelor of Design (Digital Technologies)
Creative problem-solvers with a love of design and an aptitude for technical IT skills should explore our Bachelor of Design (Digital Technologies). Learn about user experience (UX), design strategies, digital technologies, and interactive media, to deliver impactful digital solutions for creative and social issues in our changing world.
Explore core themes including technological entrepreneurship and innovation, design thinking, and collaborative practice.
Then customise your degree by choosing electives that spark your interest, such as creative coding, robotics and 3D motion. This unique combination of technical and artistic skills allows you to forge a creative and rewarding career beyond the traditional IT and creative arts streams.
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe design – and love to work in a team environment?
Get hands-on experience working on projects with real briefs to develop a strong portfolio of work throughout your studies.
Learn the fundamentals of design thinking and strategies, and develop the technical skills required to explore:
- software design
- mobile app design
- web design
- user interface design
- design for augmented and virtual realities.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates are open to many career opportunities in creative agencies, advertising and design studios, print houses and corporate companies, taking up roles as:
- design engineers
- digital designers
- digital media designers
- graphic designers
- industrial designers
- User Interface (UI) designers
- virtual reality experience designers
- web designers.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII):- 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, with pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL.
Applicants will be selected in accordance with the published Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for that year.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on one of their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including relevant work or life experience
All Applicants seeking admission to the Bachelor of Design (Digital Technologies) will be required to complete a portfolio of work presented to a satisfactory standard.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application
- Course Code: 095256A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts/Master of International Relations at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University