Instructional Design MEd
Master the design and creation of education, training, and development programs for the adult learner in professional and academic environments.
UMass Boston’s Instructional Design MEd focuses on the creation of education, training, and development programs for adults in both professional and academic environments. It’s designed for educational professionals, corporate training specialists, consultants, and other educational design mavens who want to hone their skills and add a certification to their résumé. Explore cutting-edge learning technologies and develop instructional strategies and skills to facilitate adult learning and use educational media and technology to enhance learning. Apply these skills to virtually any field — business and industry, schools and colleges, government agencies and the military, health care organizations, religious institutions, and professional societies.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
At the end of this two-year program, you’ll be awarded a Master of Education in Instructional Design. The degree will demonstrate your expertise in the field on your résumé, as well as in interviews and workplace evaluations. This practical master’s degree is ideal for career professionals engaged in the education, training, and development of adult learners in the work place. Upon completion of the program, you’ll be prepared for a career as an instructional designer, corporate trainer, or consultant in a variety of industries and fields.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A minimum, cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or international equivalent) in all undergraduate work. Please note that some programs may require a supplemental list of coursework and/or discipline-specific GPA calculation.
At the time of enrollment, a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of recognized standing or an international equivalent.
- Some programs require official GRE or GMAT test scores. Please review the program requirements to confirm.
- Applicants who completed undergraduate coursework outside of the United States may be required to submit English proficiency test results, even if they are permanent residents or citizens of the U.S.
- UMass Boston’s institution code is 3924. We can only accept official score reports sent electronically or in hardcopy directly from the testing agency.
- In accordance with Massachusetts state law, Office of Graduate Studies and Graduate Admissions policy permits residents of Massachusetts who have been diagnosed as developmentally disabled (including those with specific language disabilities, such as dyslexia, but not including those whose sole disability is blindness) to request a waiver of the requirement to submit GRE, GMAT, or MAT scores. To qualify for a waiver, an applicant must submit documentation of their disability. Some graduate programs require an alternative mode of assessment (e.g., a writing sample) in lieu of the standardized test score. For information, contact the Office of Graduate Studies and Graduate Admissions.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD
- Special Education MEd at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Rehabilitation Counseling (MS) at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Middle/Secondary Education MEd at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Global Governance and Human Security, MA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Elementary Education MEd at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Early Childhood MEd at University of Massachusetts Boston