Master of Biomedical Science
This program will prepare high-achieving science graduates and graduates of some clinical programs (e.g. MBChB) to develop expertise in applying in-depth biological and biomedical knowledge to the improvement of human health through the development of novel approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Students will design and conduct biomedical research and/or translational research designed to improve clinical practice. A written thesis setting out your findings will also be required.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Biomedical science has made transformative contributions over the past decade, stimulating growth in a wide range of industries including agriculture, pharmaceuticals, veterinary science, and medical research. There are a variety of opportunities in universities, research institutes, and private sector pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries (particularly in the United States and Europe) for those with postgraduate training in this field. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Jobs related to this program
- Research scientist
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Wine Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Nursing Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice at University of Auckland