Bachelor of Science with Honours
Honors in Science is an intensive year-long program that enables students to research a topic they are passionate about. Students will have the opportunity to develop their own original project and conduct research under the guidance of a supervisor who is a specialist in the relevant field. This is the final year of undergraduate study for most students and provides an avenue into postgraduate study and improves career prospects. Students who complete an honors year can demonstrate to future employers that they have advanced science skills and the ability to manage and independently produce high-quality work.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Exciting research career options are possible in industry, government, universities and research organisations such as CSIRO, Australian Nuclear Service and Technology Organisation (ANSTO). There are also opportunities in the departments of primary industries, resource management, water and land resources, environmental protection authorities, forestry commissions, national parks and wildlife services, water and soil conservation. Other career opportunities include positions in computing, consulting, botanical gardens, museums, herbaria and zoos, manufacturing, electronics, mining (rehabilitation, waste control and treatment) and in the oil industry.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
1.A candidate shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Science from the University of New England or an equivalent AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification in a relevant discipline, and
- (b) have achieved a GPA of 5.5 or better in the undergraduate degree; or a credit average in at least 24 credit points at 300-level in Science units from an area related to the major/discipline area.
2. Admission to candidature shall be determined by the Bachelor of Science Honours Course Coordinator in consultation with the relevant Head of School.
3. Readmission to the Bachelor of Science with Honours will only be permitted with the approval of the Course Coordinator and will only be considered where a completely new research topic is proposed.
- Course Code: 000469G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Nursing at University of New England
- Bachelor of Zoology at University of New England
- Bachelor of Sustainability at University of New England
- Bachelor of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science at University of New England