This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Visual Communication
In the Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Visual Communication students learn how to create visual messages and experiences which communicate information and ideas across many mediums.
The course allows students to experiment with both traditional and emerging design practices, and develop a visual language that allows them to work across digital, physical and analogue media. This visual language is broad, encompassing typography, interaction and image-making.This degree prepares students for the evolving nature of design by engaging with the social, technological and ecological context of design practice.
Graduates are industry-ready, thanks to their ability to articulate design practices and process, the degree's internship program, and the curriculum's emphasis on real-world problem-solving.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are many career options in a range of fields for graduates, such as digital media, publication designer, graphic designer, interactive media designer, web designer, branding specialist, art director, motion graphics designer, advertising, illustrator, and exhibition designer. Graduates are also equipped with the skills to become writers, researchers, editors and critics, and to apply design thinking in a non-design industry business.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants with a degree which is equivalent to the UTS Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication and who have attained an overall minimum WAM of 65 or above must provide the following additional material in order to be considered for a place in the Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Visual Communication:
- a digital portfolio of 10 x A4 landscape PDFs that display digital files, scans and/or photographs of original design work done by the applicant (max. size 5MB)
- a 200–300 word statement addressing the applicant's reasons for undertaking honours level study in design at UTS and the specific learning that they are seeking given their intended career direction on completion of the degree
- a one-page CV in PDF format that clearly articulates the applicant's design or related experience
- a verified copy of the candidate's previous academic transcript.
Students must refer to the inherent requirements for all degrees offered by Design and Architecture in the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 077340K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Music and Sound Design Bachelor of International Studies (Honours) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of International Studies Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of International Studies (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication Bachelor of International Studies (Honours) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design in Product Design Bachelor of International Studies (Honours) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design in Fashion and Textiles Bachelor of International Studies (Honours) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)