Master of Business (Marketing Stream)
The MBS (Marketing Stream) is the MBS one-year taught program aimed at preparing graduates for marketing and sales careers within organizations. Through our interactions with companies, WIT School of Business has identified a need to provide an innovative and practice-based marketing program that will prepare graduates for roles in marketing, branding, product development, sales, market research, and international sales practice. The course was developed in collaboration with key stakeholders such as the South East branch of the Marketing Institute of Ireland and partner companies from the region including Glanbia and Flahavans.
The course addresses a clear need for graduates skilled in the application of specialist marketing techniques. Graduates are equipped with the expertise to trade domestically and internationally, create and execute advertising campaigns, collect and analyse data relating to market opportunities, manage customer relationships, develop and execute digital marketing strategies, and participate in the viability testing and launch of new product concepts.
Graduates of the MBS (Marketing Stream) will possess a unique and valuable combination of an in-depth knowledge of marketing theory and of contemporary marketing practice, and an ability to apply this in a practice oriented environment. Modules such as Marketing Strategy, Business Seminars, Reputation Management, Business Simulation and Entrepreneurship and Innovation facilitate students in developing a keen critical awareness of core business concepts, as well as allowing them to specialise in developing skills in areas such as market research and development, branding , market strategy and international sales. Emphasis is placed on integrating key theoretical developments with an ability to critically analyse and apply this theory in real situations.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- A H1 or 2.1 overall award in a strong specialist business marketing undergraduate degree or a general business undergraduate degree with a marketing major/specialism.
- Students from a non-business degree (example - BA in Hospitality Management) must have taken relevant business modules during one year of their studies and achieved a minimum grade of 60% in those subjects.
- In some instances graduates who have achieved a 2nd class honours grade 2 in the degrees listed above and who can demonstrate a high level of performance in the marketing-related subjects may be considered for interview and short listing.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD506
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Master of Arts and Heritage Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Digital Marketing Practice at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Business Internationalisation at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management Stream) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Business (Management Stream) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Business (Economics and Finance Stream) at Waterford Institute of Technology