MSc Production Engineering and Management
The master's programme in Production Engineering and Management provides a strong foundation to become a professional with knowledge in both engineering and management aspects of production and their interaction. The engineering side includes operation and integration of manufacturing technology, automation, maintenance and quality aspects, production development tools, and methods as well as software. The management side covers systematic decision-making, operations strategy, planning, control and management of resources that are essential for achieving a sustainable production environment.
In order to create a strong foundation student in the Production Engineering and Management follow a certain number of mandatory courses. On top of that, the students have the possibility to deepen their knowledge in production engineering, development and management, as well as information management in the industry.
This is a two year programme (120 ECTS credits) given in English. Graduates are awarded the degree of Master of Science.
KTH Campus is located in central Stockholm and encompasses as large areas as Gamla Stan.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As production is global, graduates from our programme will be able to find positions as technical specialists, production developers, production engineers, production managers or consultants in various production fields, all over the world.
After graduation - Production Manager, Production Engineer, Researcher in Industry and Academy, Production Consultant, Information Management Specialist, Innovator and Entrepreneur, Educator and various roles in the service sector.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- you must have been awarded a bachelor's degree, be proficient in English and meet the programme-specific requirements.
Specific requirements for the master's programme in Production Engineering and Management
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or a Bachelor of Technology.
English language proficiency equivalent to (the Swedish upper secondary school) English course B/6 is required. The requirement can be satisfied through a result equal to, or higher than, those stated in the following internationally recognised English tests:
- TOEFL Paper-based: Score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test, total score of 575.
- TOEFL ITP is not accepted.
- TOEFL iBT internet-based: Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 90
- IELTS Academic/IELTS UKVI: A minimum overall mark of 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
- Cambridge ESOL: Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) Certificate in Advanced English or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): Minimum score of 90
- University of Michigan, ECPE (Examination for the certificate of Proficiency in English)
- Pearson PTE Academic: Score of 62 (writing 61)
The language requirement can also be fulfilled through previous university and upper secondary school studies.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 113520 SEK
Application Fee: 900 SEK