Bachelor of Communication (Digital and Social Media) Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
The rapidly evolving digital communications industries require practitioners who are technologically literate, culturally sophisticated, innovative and resourceful. This degree introduces students to key debates around the role of social media in everyday life and focuses on developing innovative and analytical solutions to problems through the use of digital and social media. It also provides students with practical skills in social media management, user experience and user interface design, and digital marketing.
This degree combines a professional degree with immersion in another language and culture, enhancing professional training and career options. The combined course seeks to augment the value of the digital and social media degree by broadening awareness and understanding of another language and culture.
The degree offers a comprehensive introduction to digital and social media as a social phenomenon and future career pathway. The degree is one of first media degrees in Australia to specifically focus on social media, is taught by content experts and industry practitioners, and is well recognised within industry. Graduates are technologically literate, analytically sophisticated, innovative and resourceful.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include social media manager, UX/UI designer, digital campaign manager, prototype designer, digital entrepreneur, policy analyst, digital content producer, digital marketing specialist, and communications officer.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
There are no prior language requirements for the international studies program. Entry level to the various language and culture programs depends upon students' prior knowledge of the relevant language. Students are admitted to the international studies program with no guarantee of entry to a specific major, although every effort is made to meet students' preferences.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 087768K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Communication (Media Arts and Production) Bachelor of Arts in International Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation - (C10324) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Global Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Product Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Animation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Visual Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)