Bachelor of Social Work
The four-year Bachelor of Social Work degree is an entry qualification into the social work profession and has been determined to meet the Australian Social Work Education and Accreditation Standards (ASWEAS). ACU’s program is an Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)-accredited qualification and includes the completion of 1000 hours of supervised field education and training,
The ACU Bachelor of Social Work will produce graduates who:
- Practice with courage, compassion, creativity and integrity,
- Have a strong sense of professional identity as Social workers,
- Are dedicated to social justice and human rights,
- Have a strong ethical base for practice,
- Engage proactively with uncertainty to create opportunities for social change
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
ACU Bachelor of Social Work graduates is regarded by employers as ‘ready’ to begin social work practice in a variety of areas such as community development, group work, family work, case-management, policy analysis and development, research, social action and program planning. Social workers may also work in different areas of practice such as:
- Family work
- Youth and child welfare services
- Medical and health services
- Disability services
- Psychiatric and general mental health
- Community services
- Aged care
- Income support
- 2 years PSW for Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Canberra & Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
The Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) program is embedded into years 3 and 4 of the Bachelor of Social Work (Pass) program.
- To be eligible to apply for admission to the honors program, a student must have completed 160 cp from years 1 and 2 of the Bachelor of Social Work pass degree, with a grade point average of at least 5.5 on the ACU seven point scale.
Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy
- Course Code: 084790C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Exercise Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Technology) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Mathematics) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Humanities) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)