Master of Real Estate Investment
The UTS Master of Real Estate Investment gives investment, property and finance professionals a competitive advantage in the global property investment boom. It deals with the finance, investment, management, valuation and analysis knowledge required to succeed in the global real estate investment sector. Students are able to integrate highly sought-after property and finance skillsets and advance their career.
Through this degree students learn to understand and analyse the many sociopolitical, economic, financial and environmental factors that drive property investment decisions in a globalised world. They benefit from the faculty staff's academic research and significant industry experience. A number of the course's sessional lecturers have over 30 years' corporate experience. Students are standout professionals, with a strong record in their industry and recognised qualifications.
This calibre of students enables unique networking opportunities and rewarding peer-to-peer learning. Most subjects are offered in intensive blocks that accommodate busy work lives, with the exception of two MBA subjects offered in evening sessions.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This degree provides the analytical skills for professionals to be promoted more rapidly into decision-making and leadership positions, or gain access to boutique real estate investment firms.
Career opportunities may include advising or managing property investment portfolios, acquisitions and sales, within the property or finance industry, or working for a specialist research firm that does market analysis, forecasting and projections. The course provides new career options for people who work within the property and finance sectors, including analysts, valuers, managers, advisors, economists and accountants.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants must have one of the following:
- a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or equivalent, from one of the following disciplines: property or land economics, construction economics, engineering, business, finance and related fields, management and commerce with at least a credit average or above, or
- a UTS recognised master's degree, or equivalent, from one of the following disciplines: property or real estate, business, finance, commerce or economics with at least a credit average or above.
All applicants must provide:
- a personal statement (max. 500 words) explaining their reasons for wanting to study real estate investment
- a CV clearly articulating their property or finance/investment-related work experience (minimum of two years).
Applicants who do not satisfy the academic and additional requirements may be considered on:
- a UTS recognised bachelor's degree in an unrelated field, or
- a UTS recognised bachelor's degree in a relevant field awarded at less than a credit average.
Applicants must provide:
- a personal statement (maximum 500 words) explaining the reasons for wanting to study real estate investment), and
- a CV clearly articulating work experience (minimum five years).
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 084258A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Sustainable Futures (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Project Management at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Marketing at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Advanced Master of Business Administration at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Business Analytics (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)