Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Philosophy
This unique double degree provides students with the broad knowledge, skills and flexibility offered by a liberal arts program, but enhanced by a specialised focus on theology and philosophy. Studying theology and philosophy will equip students with an understanding of the foundations of the modern world and Western civilisation, enhancing their ability to critically engage with and respond to the key challenges faced by today's societies, governments and organisations.
Global experience is strongly encouraged, with study abroad opportunities available at the ACU Rome Centre, with one of our partner institutions in Europe or the United States, or in Israel with a study tour.
Students develop the skills necessary to become attentive and careful interpreters of historical and contemporary texts and contexts, and to critically examine complex and confronting issues. Students also enhance their capacity to evaluate and discriminate between multiple viewpoints, and to develop and articulate compelling arguments – both orally and in writing.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne, and Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Ballarat, Canberra & Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and writing, and 5.5 in listening and reading).
- Course Code: 089311E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Global Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)