Bachelor of Journalism (Honours)
Undertake advanced academic study and to develop research skills to advance your career in journalism.
The Honours program is an extra year of study which follows on from the Bachelor of Journalism. It's designed to enable you to undertake advanced academic study and develop your leadership skills for the profession of journalism.
The aim of the program is to further develop the skills you gained at an undergraduate level by giving you opportunities for in-depth research and leadership under close supervision from world-class academics. You'll research a journalism-related issue and present your findings in the form of a thesis.
The Honours course gives you the opportunity to develop your workplace skills and professional network working alongside academics and industry professionals.
The knowledge and skills you'll develop are widely valued and can be used in a variety of careers in media, online content development, broadcasting, publishing and marketing.
- Establish a solid foundation for your professional journalistic practice and launch your career through your honours year thesis.
- Open doors to postgraduate study and research options.
- Benefit from close support from UQ's leading academics and enhance your research and project management skills.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Digital content producer
- Research academic
- Broadcast writer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
A Bachelor of Journalism or equivalent with a GPA of 5.5 overall.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 081756G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Science (BMus(Hons)/BSc) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Education (Secondary) (BMus(Hons)/BEd(Sec)) at The University of Queensland