Bachelors of Science / Laws (Honours)
With this dual program, you'll develop the skills and knowledge to make a difference in today's science and technology driven economy, and prepare yourself for jobs of the future with a sound understanding of the fundamentals of the law.
Under this dual program, you'll develop highly sought after technical expertise, combining the study of your chosen science discipline with a practical grounding in legal theory.
As a Bachelor of Science student, you'll be able to make flexible choices from a broad set of courses which give you the foundation to focus on a specialised major by your third year. You'll get to choose from an array of disciplines across all contemporary fields of scientific endeavour.
The Bachelor of Laws (Honours) is designed to develop your high-level understanding of the law, along with personal and professional skills you can transfer across a wide range of careers. You'll be taught in small group settings and seminar-style learning spaces, specifically refurbished for law students. The Laws program includes a core of prescribed courses and a range of electives. Compulsory areas include contracts, torts, criminal law, equity and property.
When you graduate, you'll have an internationally respected honours qualification in Laws and advanced knowledge and skills in your chosen science discipline, setting you apart in a competitive job market while also providing a pathway to future research or learning.
- Access innovative teaching and research spaces in facilities that are among the best in the world.
- Learn in a top-tier laws program which blends active learning and engagement with theoretical knowledge and real-world skills.
- Study at an internationally renowned school, known for excellence and impact in teaching and research.
- Fulfil the academic requirements for admission as a legal practitioner throughout Australia.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Archaeological Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Science
- Biophysics (Dual Major)
- Chemical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Sc and Biochem & Molecular Biol (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Biomedical Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Chemistry (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Computer Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Ecology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Genetics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geographical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geological Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Marine Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Mathematics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Microbiology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Physics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Plant Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Psychology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Statistics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Zoology (Dual Major)
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Nutrition (Dual Major)
- Food Science and Technology
- Geographical Sciences
- Geological Sciences
- Marine Biology (Extended Major)
- Marine Science
- Plant Science
- Public Health
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Community laws officer
- Compliance coordinator
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082619G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland