Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Landscape Processes for Archaeologists
As all archaeological sites are part of a wider landscape, an understanding of landscape processes is a key skill for all archaeologists wanting to study past civilisations.
This specialisation offers a STEM-based approach to archaeology by providing a deeper understanding of landscape processes that influence the site formation, such as sedimentology, stratigraphy, palaeoclimates, geomorphological and post-depositional processes. It therefore offers a much wider appreciation of the landscape, sediments and processes than a purely archaeology-driven program, which is an advantage in this highly competitive field. You’ll gain an understanding of landscapes, palaeoclimates and the biosphere, key physical–chemical concepts across a range of environments, and you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the world around us. You’ll explain how geomorphic processes relate to, influence and form archaeological sites. You’ll apply critical thinking and problem solving to the collection, analysis and interpretation of field data. You’ll develop vital spatial skills and apply knowledge to interpret landscape processes over a range of different timelines.
- This specialisation will allow you to develop a deeper understanding of landscape processes that inform the development and evolution of archaeological sites.
- Macquarie is the only university in Sydney with an on-campus simulated archaeological site, so you can do fieldwork using the latest technology.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in archaeological excavations and surveys in Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Jordan and Turkey.
- By equipping you with essential landscape process and geographic information system skills, this specialisation prepares you to be very competitive in the consultancy field.
- Macquarie is one of only two universities to be given the top rating of five for environmental sciences research in all three Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluations.
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for teaching quality and overall graduate satisfaction in science (QILT, 2017).
Sydney New South Wales 2109 Australia
- Feb Deadline: Dec
- July Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Macquarie course can set your dream career in motion.
- Archaeological consultant
- Archaeological field director
- Archaeological field technician
- Archaeological lab technician
- Archaeological surveyor
- Collections manager
- Computer specialist in archaeology
- Cultural heritage consultant
- Cultural resource specialist
- Mining company consultant
- Scientific researcher
- Archaeological consultancies
- Australian Council of National Trusts
- Australian Heritage Council
- Conservation agencies
- Cultural heritage management companies
- Educational organisations
- Government agencies
- International organisations, eg, UNESCO
- Museums and art galleries
- Scientific research organisations, eg, CSIRO
After completion of Bachelor's degree student is eligible for 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For international students, Macquarie uses a selection rank to determine the minimum eligibility requirement for each undergraduate course. This rank has been converted into equivalent scores for various recognised international high school qualifications and university entrance examinations, including global qualifications like the International Baccalaureate (IB) and GCE A-Levels.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 083740K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Game Design and Development at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Cyber Security at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Advanced Information Technology at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Software Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechatronic Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechanical Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)