FOOD SYSTEMS, CERTIFICATE
The certificate in food systems is a 16-credit option open to all undergraduate students. It assembles an interdisciplinary curriculum, integrating different paradigms across all aspects of food production, distribution, and consumption, along with the context and values inherent to the systems.
For students in food or agriculture-related majors, the certificate in food systems will provide a broader context to their disciplinary studies. For students in fields that include food as a possible orientation of their studies, it will provide exposure to the full range of food systems, potentially inspiring an orientation to food as a focus of their studies.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
For students in food or agriculture related majors, the certificate in food systems will provide a broader context to their disciplinary studies. As they seek careers, they will be able to provide evidence of enhancing their disciplinary learning and skills with a broader framework of food system concepts, including ideas for enhancing food system sustainability. For students in fields that include food as a possible orientation of their studies, it will provide exposure to the full range of food systems, potentially inspiring an orientation to food as a focus of their studies. For students in any discipline, the certificate in food systems will help them be more informed consumers and better informed citizens, hopefully leading to better choices about what they eat through knowledge of food and the social, economic, and environmental consequences of production, processing, distribution, and consumption.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- THEATRE, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- TEXTILES AND DESIGN, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- TECHNICAL JAPANESE STUDIES FOR UNDERGRADUATES, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- SPORTS COMMUNICATION, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin
- SOUTHEAST ASIAN STUDIES, CERTIFICATE at University of Wisconsin