Computer Science B.S
The bachelor of science (B.S.) program is appropriate for students desiring a strong concentration in the core areas of computer science—algorithms, programming languages, and systems—with more courses in computer science, computer engineering, and computational media; this program also allows for a few electives outside of science and engineering.
Applications of computer science are found in many other areas of study, from art, music, and linguistics to social sciences, economics, business, digital, and social media, environmental and life sciences, and sciences. Thus, interdisciplinary activities are encouraged. For those students whose primary interest is in another area, a minor in computer science is offered.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Animation and graphics programming
- Computer security
- Computer systems design, development, and administration
- Database system design, development, and administration
- Programming languages and compilers
- Software engineering
- Technical writing
- Web development
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you're applying as a freshman, you must:
1. Complete 15 year-long academic courses with a 3.4 GPA:
- 2 years of history (in place of U.S. History, history of your country)
- 4 years of composition and literature in the language in which you are instructed
- 3 years (four years recommended) of college-preparatory mathematics that includes the topics covered in elementary and advanced algebra and two- and three-dimensional geometry.* (Approved integrated math courses may be used to fulfill part or all of this requirement)
- 2 years of college-preparatory science, including or integrating topics that provide fundamental knowledge in two of these three subjects: biology, chemistry, or physics. One year of approved interdisciplinary or earth and space sciences coursework can meet one year of the requirement. Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science courses can be used in area D as an additional science (i.e., third year or beyond).
- 2 years of a second language
- 1 yearlong course (or 2 semesters) of visual and performing arts
- 1 additional course from any subject areas above
*Math courses taken in the seventh and eighth grades/intermediate school may be used to fulfill part of this requirement. Integrated math courses (e.g. Math I, Math II, etc.) with geometry content may be equated with a standard course in geometry.
- You must complete both year X and XII state board or CBSE examinations, with average marks above 70 and no mark below 60.
- You must complete the Sri Lankan GCE O and A-Level exams. A minimum of 3 academic A-Level exams is required. Students may also complete the exams through a British Examination Authority. Report your subjects and grades (if available) on the International External Exams page of the application, under the Test Scores tab (step 6 of 7).
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 80 USD