This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Graduate Certificate in Science
Extend your knowledge in your chosen field of mathematics, physics or statistics and capitalise on the growing demand for high-level scientific expertise.
The Graduate Certificate in Science is designed for graduates who have majored in mathematics, physics or statistics and wish to extend their knowledge in their chosen field.
For your half year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) studies, you'll select from around 30 courses providing you with a high level of specialised knowledge together with valuable skills associated with your selected area of study.
UQ's Science program prepares you for a highly rewarding career in a variety of roles. Many of our Mathematics graduates study higher degrees and go on to research positions at universities and other major research institutions. Our Physics graduates gain robust, high-level analytical and problem-solving skills that are widely applicable and highly valued by a diverse range of employers. Equally, our Statistics graduates are in high demand in business, industry, research and government.
- Study at UQ's Faculty of Science, internationally renowned for excellence and impact in teaching and research.
- Benefit from UQ's long-standing links with industry and government partners.
- Apply your gained knowledge through a range of collaborations, including research projects externally and within our research centres, commercialisation ventures, and industry placements or internships.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Banking analyst
- Investment banker
- Finance analyst
- Computing specialist
- Asset and liability manager
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Mathematics field: Bachelor degree with mathematics major
Physics field: Bachelor degree with physics major
Statistics field: Bachelor degree with statistics major
UQ or equivalent GPA of 5.5 or above on a 7 point scale; or
5 years of work experience in the same field.
- Course Code: 029216A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN Conservation Biology at The University of Queensland
- GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN Bioinformatics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland