Economics (with a professional placement year) BSc (Hons)
You’ll study a quantitative approach to economics including advanced statistics and econometrics, while also developing your mathematical economics skills. You will achieve the confidence to communicate economic ideas and concepts to a wide audience.
You will analyse current real-world issues and focus on specialist areas such as climate change economics, labour economics and international trade – gaining the practical skills for a career at world-leading organisations. You'll study important issues such as global imbalances and the financial crisis, building your understanding of applied statistical techniques and their application to economic questions. You'll also choose from a range of specialist options such as Big Data, environmental economics, monetary theory and the economics of crime, giving you a high level of expertise in these specialist fields.
Our flexible degree means you can tailor your study to fit your desired career path, whether you want to work in banking and finance, for private companies, the civil service or international organisations, or progress to Masters level. You can also boost your employability with an application for a professional placement year.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 32 - 34 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Economics and Politics BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics and International Relations BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Economics BA (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Design and Business (with a foundation year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex