Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws (MGSC03.1)
Focusing on corporate and commercial law and practical legal problem solving, and offering specialised electives in subjects like IT, accounting, HR and marketing, UC’s Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business will provide the foundation for your legal and business education.
If you’re an aspiring manager, you’ll gain broad and coherent theoretical and technical knowledge in a range of core business areas and the necessary skills to be effective in today’s changing workplaces.
Our expert teachers will encourage you to develop your advocacy abilities and legal skills, while understanding their connections to the theory and history of law.
Supporting your development as a socially responsible and ethical legal and management professional will be our small class sizes and state-of-the-art facilities, and ties with the National Centre for Corporate Law and National Institute of Governance. You’ll also benefit from the relationships we’ve forged with law firms, the public sector (a huge employer in Canberra) and non-government organisations (NGOs).
What’s more, you’ll also get to apply your talents in the real world with opportunities to complete a law internship and study overseas and be able to fast-track your studies during our winter term.
The UC Bachelor of Laws has professional accreditation with the Supreme Court of the ACT and New South Wales and allows students in their final year of study to begin their Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice.¿
Combine a Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Laws at UC and you will:
- gain a broad theoretical and technical knowledge of the discipline of law, suitable for entering the legal profession, becoming an advocate, or undertaking related careers
- fine-tune your ability to present ideas and opinions effectively and communicate within and across professional and cultural boundaries
- specialise, through electives, in selected areas of law with an emphasis on commercial law
- specialise in a range of management areas, including human resource management, finance, IT and accounting, marketing and business analytics
- acquire a broad understanding of the theory and practice of management and the ability to problem solve, analyse and evaluate information in a systematic, creative and insightful way
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Barrister, solicitor, policy adviser, advocate, researcher, manager, entrepreneur, business owner or even politician… your career options (and the potential to earn a healthy salary) will be endless with UC’s Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business degree. Graduates will have the accredited skills and qualifications required to explore legal and business careers in:
- law firms
- government and the public sector, including as in-house counsel, policy advisor, and in legislative drafting and law reform
- the community sector, such as community legal work and professional advocacy
- private legal practice
- small or large businesses
- education and research.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099011A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws - NPSC02 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies - SCB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies - SCNP01 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education - 321JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts) - 323JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM) - 322JA at University of Canberra