Bachelor of Public Health
Public health professionals develop and deliver health initiatives that focus on improving the health and wellbeing of whole populations, locally and on a global scale. They may specialize in preventing the spread of disease, promoting health services, developing policies and practices that deliver fair and equitable health systems, creating safer work environments, investigating sustainable environmental practices, advocating for minority groups, or encouraging communities to adopt healthy lifestyle choices.
Why choose this course?
This course offers the flexibility to concentrate your studies in areas that align with career opportunities. You will choose five elective units from areas that include community nutrition, Indigenous health, family and gender issues, health management, and general studies in psychology. You can also tailor the program with further study for a career as a registered environmental health officer or occupational health and safety officer.
An understanding of the biological, social, cultural, economic, and physical factors that underpin the health of a community can be applied to many health disciplines. You will be taught by professionals with backgrounds in medicine, nursing, research, policy development, and health service management. Our graduates are strategic thinkers who can apply their knowledge to develop innovative solutions that create improved health and quality of life for everyone.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers and outcomes
Many graduates work in local, state, or national health departments. Their role may focus on health education and promotion, policy development, epidemiology, risk management, and disease prevention. Graduates may also work in nongovernment and community organizations, as project officers in international health agencies, or even become social entrepreneurs.
By completing further studies such as a graduate diploma or master's degree, you can specialize in disease control; health promotion; health, safety, and the environment; or health management.
- Community Health Officer
- Community Worker
- Government Officer
- Health Educator
- Health Promotion Officer
- Home Economist
- Information Officer
- Policy Officer
- Project Manager
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Program Manager
- Research Assistant
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. You will need to identify these requirements and ensure you allow sufficient time to meet them. Some of these requirements have associated costs.
Blue card: You must undergo a criminal history check for working with children and be issued with a suitability card (blue card) before commencing clinical placement/practicum in an organization where they may work with children or young people.
The processing of your application may take several months so you must submit your blue card application to HiQ as early as possible to ensure you have your card before you begin any unit that requires contact with children. There is no charge for student blue cards. Students who already have a blue card must register it with QUT.
- Course Code: 077691J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Public Health at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Human Services at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Social Work at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Business at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology