BA ANCIENT HISTORY V110
With our BA Ancient History degree, immerse yourself in the rich cultures of ancient Greece and Rome – their history, societies, achievements, beliefs and values – and discover how these ancient civilisations have influenced the modern world.
Ancient history is the study of the Greek and Roman worlds over a period spanning from 2000 BC to around 600 AD and covers parts of Africa, Asia and Europe. You will learn about these ancient cultures in their political literary, social, cultural and religious contexts.
This flexible course allows you to pursue your own interests and choose from a wide range of research-led subjects. The University of Reading has one of the widest ranging Classics Departments in the UK, with specialist subjects from the Bronze Age to late antiquity; We are also ranked third in the UK for the quality of our research.
You can enhance your knowledge of the ancient world by studying Latin or Greek, or gain an understanding of the ancient past through hands-on experience with artefacts from the Ure Museum – the University's internationally important collection of Greek and Egyptian antiquities. You can also explore ancient Rome through our unique digital model of the city.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BA War, Peace and International Relations with a Placement Year L253 at University of Reading
- BA War, Peace and International Relations L252 at University of Reading
- BA Ethics, Value and Philosophy V590 at University of Reading
- BSc International Development with a Placement Year L901 at University of Reading
- BSc INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT L900 at University of Reading
- BA ARCHAEOLOGY AND HISTORY VV14 at University of Reading