Master of International Economics and Finance (MIntEcon&F)
Engage in a diverse range of courses and specialisations that will give you the skills required by commercial enterprises and public bodies to make financial and investment decisions spanning global markets.
UQ is one of only a handful of universities worldwide offering a Master of International Economics and Finance. With courses taught by leading academics specialising in the trade and finance sectors, the program will provide you with advanced knowledge of the extensive implications and opportunities arising from the process of international economic and financial integration.
Designed for students from any academic discipline, the program is founded upon a platform of microeconomics, macroeconomics and statistics, and extends to teaching you how economic principles may be applied to issues in the international economy, with electives that enable you to focus on your specific needs and interests.
The 32 unit program over two years is designed for graduates without economics training. You'll graduate with the critical skills and competencies required in commercial enterprises, financial and investment operations, government departments and development-related organisations.
- Learn why success in today’s business economy depends on your ability to understand and respond to ever-changing international economic forces.
- Develop specialised knowledge of the extensive implications and opportunities arising from the process of greater economic and financial integration around the world.
- Use your skills to progress into roles across the public and private sectors in Australia and overseas, or go further and pursue a higher degree by research.
- UQ School of Economics is consistently ranked in the top 5 percent of research-intensive economic departments in the world. Source: Research Papers in Economics
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
At UQ, we use a 7 point grading scale, where a 4 is a pass and 7 is the highest grade. When assessing your qualifications, we will convert the grade you received in your previous studies to our grading scale. This sometimes involves recalculating your GPA.
Different institutions calculate GPAs with different methods. When calculating your GPA, we may exclude certain non-academic subjects and include all failing grades.
Our GPA equivalency guide can be used as a guide to help you find the minimum UQ GPA equivalencies for the country or region where you completed your bachelor's degree.
If your GPA doesn't meet the minimum requirement for the program you're interested in, you may receive an articulation offer, which could allow you to progress to the master's degree when you meet the GPA requirements.
To enrol in the program a person must hold a relevant bachelor degree in Economics or cognate discipline or equivalent as approved by the Executive Dean; and satisfy the Executive Dean that, based on the academic record, the person is suitably qualified for admission.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 082601G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Finance and Investment Management at The University of Queensland
- Master of Business (MBus) in Supply Chain Management at The University of Queensland
- Master of Business Analytics at The University of Queensland
- Applied Finance Master of Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Master of International Economics and Finance / Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Master of Advanced Economics at The University of Queensland