Graduate Diploma in Disability Practice
The Graduate Diploma in Disability is relevant to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). It is designed for support workers and others employed by organizations that are delivering disability services, those seeking such employment, and students interested in the field of disability management. Students will study clinical and neurobiological issues in disability management and NDIS business management. In addition, students will complete an in-depth study of disability management, addressing either one or all of the selected areas (i.e. clinical, business issues) and will be required to present a major report together with 120 hours of supervised professional activity which will be undertaken through the unit WORK500. Graduates will be well prepared for the roll-out of the NDIS and the anticipated demand for new, client-driven services and support arising from the scheme.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates will be qualified for employment in organisations providing disability services.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
For candidates shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate in Disability Practice from UNE; or
- (b) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification in a relevant discipline*; or
- (c) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification in a non-relevant discipline and at least one year of full-time equivalent experience in an area of service provision**.
Applicants admitted under Rules (b) and (c) must submit a Statement of Service from their employer.
*Relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to:
- Social Work
or other similar disciplines as determined by the course coordinator.
** Service provision can refer to any aspect of the provision of services to people with or without disability and will be determined by the course coordinator.
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Science at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Planning and Management of Natural Hazards at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Practice at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Data Science at University of New England
- Graduate Certificate in Science at University of New England