Master of Computing - Information Systems Specialisation
Disruption due to advances in Information Technology (IT), a rapidly changing business and technology landscape, as well as Singapore’s push to transform into a Smart Nation means that local and global enterprises must pursue constant digital innovation.
To remain competitive and survive, these organisations need a new breed of talented and competent IT professionals with cutting-edge IT skills and knowledge to champion, plan and execute transformational changes in their organisations.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Master of Computing – Information Systems Specialisation (MComp IS) is specifically designed to prepare its graduates to become the next generation of business and technology leaders who will tackle these challenges head-on.
The programme will enhance and update students’ knowledge and skills by providing them with deep knowledge in key information systems areas, as well as valuable hands-on experiences. The MComp IS offers an ideal opportunity for IT professionals to gain advanced knowledge on IT-enabled digital transformation and innovation.
A primary objective of the specialisation is to serve as a pathway for IT professionals to transition from the software engineer- and software developer-related roles into IT management and leadership positions. For professionals interested in championing innovative yet feasible IT solutions, the MComp IS is just the right choice.
The MComp IS programme is distinctive in its strong and holistic emphasis on four key pillars, namely enterprise IT management and transformation, enterprise IT innovation and design, analytics and intelligent systems, and digital entrepreneurship.
All modules are taught by leading experts in the field and offer both state-of-the-art conceptual frameworks to make sense of the complex world of IT-enabled innovation and disruption, as well as the latest practical tools and techniques for hands-on application to real-world problems. The programme also offers a research-oriented option where students can work with world-renowned professors on cutting-edge research projects.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
International students are allowed to work not more than 16 hours per week.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably with Honours) in Computing, or
- Bachelor's Degree with Honours in a related discipline (including Electronic Commerce, Engineering, Economics, Statistics and Mathematics), or
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably with Honours) in a business-related discipline
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 90 (Internet-based), or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum Academic score of 6.0.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) minimum scores of 320 (Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning) and 3.5 (Analytical Writing), or
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) minimum score of 650, or
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) scores for graduates from Indian universities.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10400 SGD
Application Fee: 100 SGD
- Master of Science (MSc) in Mechanical Engineering at National University of Singapore
- MSc (Building Performance and Sustainability) at National University of Singapore
- Master of Science (MSc) in Biomedical Engineering at National University of Singapore
- Master of Science (Computer Engineering) at National University of Singapore
- MSc (Maritime Technology and Management) at National University of Singapore