Italian B and Portuguese BA
Learn two major world languages from scratch and deepen your understanding of the modern world by exploring the history and culture of the nations that speak them on this fascinating 5-year course.
You will have the opportunity to spend two years abroad, with a year in Italy and another in a Portuguese speaking country, which will provide you with invaluable first-hand experience of the languages and let you fully immerse yourself in the cultures of the regions.
A combination of core and optional modules will give you a firm grounding in the languages while you study the topics that suit your interests including medieval and Renaissance art and literature, cinema, specialised uses of Italian in business, national identity and the African Diaspora. You’ll also benefit from the Instituto Camões – the cultural institute of the Portuguese government located on campus and you’ll have access to all its facilities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds