Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours)
Prepare for an exciting and rewarding career as a qualified dentist, with the latest knowledge and skills to prevent, diagnose and treat oral diseases and abnormalities.
The Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) educates the next generation of dental professionals at the UQ Oral Health Centre – the most advanced tertiary oral health facility in Australia.
Join one of Australia's most respected dental schools and benefit from smaller cohorts with dedicated specialist teachers. You'll learn the science and acquire the technical skills to care for patients, and prevent, diagnose and treat oral diseases and abnormalities.
You'll develop in-depth knowledge of general practice dentistry, periodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics, oral medicine, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and public health. You'll also gain the experience needed to provide quality oral healthcare to make a genuine difference to the lives of others.
- Start pre-clinical placements from your first year.
- Move into clinics treating patients in your second year as part of our oral health alliance with the Metro North Hospital and Health Service.
- Undertake a 40-week placement in your final year at health service clinics throughout Queensland and interstate.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Herston is UQ’s core campus for clinical health teaching and research. Located just minutes from the Brisbane CBD, Herston is home to UQ’s Medicine and Public Health schools, the UQ Centre for Clinical Research, Oral Health Centre, and the research activities of the School of Nursing and Midwifery. UQ Herston shares premises with the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, allowing students and visitors to rub shoulders with leading health researchers, academics and professionals.
- Feb Deadline: Nov
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Oral health therapist
- Community health officer
- Clinical dentist
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Chemistry (Units 3 & 4, C) (Biology also recommended), and UCAT (domestic* only). View how UQ applies the UCAT scores here.
* applicants that apply via the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander admissions pathway are not required to sit UCAT.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082620D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Master of Cyber Security at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Computer Science / Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Bachelor of Business Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Biotechnology at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Master of Data Science at The University of Queensland