Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours)
Prepare for an exciting and rewarding career as a qualified dentist, with the latest knowledge and skills to prevent, diagnose and treat oral diseases and abnormalities.
The Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) educates the next generation of dental professionals at the UQ Oral Health Centre – the most advanced tertiary oral health facility in Australia.
Join one of Australia's most respected dental schools and benefit from smaller cohorts with dedicated specialist teachers. You'll learn the science and acquire the technical skills to care for patients, and prevent, diagnose and treat oral diseases and abnormalities.
You'll develop in-depth knowledge of general practice dentistry, periodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics, oral medicine, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and public health. You'll also gain the experience needed to provide quality oral healthcare to make a genuine difference to the lives of others.
- Start pre-clinical placements from your first year.
- Move into clinics treating patients in your second year as part of our oral health alliance with the Metro North Hospital and Health Service.
- Undertake a 40-week placement in your final year at health service clinics throughout Queensland and interstate.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Herston is UQ’s core campus for clinical health teaching and research. Located just minutes from the Brisbane CBD, Herston is home to UQ’s Medicine and Public Health schools, the UQ Centre for Clinical Research, Oral Health Centre, and the research activities of the School of Nursing and Midwifery. UQ Herston shares premises with the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, allowing students and visitors to rub shoulders with leading health researchers, academics and professionals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082620D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Journalism at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Business Management at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Arts at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement & Nutrition Sci / Tourism, Hospitality & Event Mgmt at The University of Queensland