Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
High-achieving students who have gained a B+ average or higher across all their Law courses at the completion of LLB Part II will be invited to transfer to the LLB(Hons) programme. (For conjoint students this is usually at the end of their third year.)
The LLB(Hons) programme requires students to enrol in one additional semester, on top of their LLB, to complete an extra seminar course and a dissertation.
Throughout the programme, students will need to maintain at least a B+ average.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
An honours degree from the University of Auckland Law School is well-respected. In addition to the transferable skills and knowledge gained from the LLB programme, honours graduates will have demonstrated advanced research and writing skills. This will increase their suitability for a range of research and policy jobs.
Jobs related to this programme
- Academia – lecturing, research
- Government – policy work, resource management, parliamentary drafting
- Law reform
- Private companies – in-house legal counsel, tax, property, management consultant, regulation, compliance, human resources
- Private practice – barrister, solicitor
- Public service – prosecution, defence
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry is by invitation for high-achieving LLB Part II students.
To be considered for the honours programme, you must achieve a B+ average or higher across all your law courses at the completion of LLB Part II (for conjoint students this is usually at the end of your third year).
You need to have one of the following:
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 75 percent in the All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSC), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Karnataka, Maharashtra, and West Bengal State Board Examinations with a minimum of 70 percent in English.
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 80 percent in all other Higher Secondary State Board Examinations with a minimum of 75 percent in English.
You need to have the following:
- Entry from secondary school qualifications is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You need to have the following:
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects, with at least a ‘C’ grade or higher. General Studies or similar general paper cannot be included.
GCE ‘A’ Level requirements apply to ‘A’ Level qualifications examined by bodies such as AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC, CCEA, Pearson Education Limited, and CIE taken outside of New Zealand.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching) (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Laws at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) at University of Auckland