Master of Economics
Invest in your career success with future-focussed study that provides you with the high-level analytical and decision-making skills sought after by employers in today’s job market.
Higher level study in economics at UQ will develop your analytical ability, critical thinking and logic – all key decision-making skills that can contribute to greater career outcomes. This 24 unit program is designed for economics graduates.
UQ's programs are influenced by the latest economic research and taught by world-class academic staff, so you can be sure of receiving the highest quality education. Your studies will include courses that deliver advanced knowledge in core economic principles and applications, and you'll learn about the ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ of decision-making that economists deal with every day.
During your Master of Economics program over 1.5 years you'll gain advanced training in the essentials of contemporary economics, as well as skills in a range of elective options covering areas such as environmental economics, health economics and economic development. You'll also learn high-level economic research skills.
- Discover new learning experiences in a modern economics program that's engaging, interactive and always rewarding.
- Take advantage of the many resources available through UQ and its School of Economics to guide you through your studies.
- Graduate with the abilities you need to succeed in a dynamic and increasingly competitive world.
- UQ School of Economics is consistently ranked in the top 5 percent of research-intensive economic departments in the world. Source: Research Papers in Economics
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
- Feb Deadline: Nov
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Strategy and economics analyst
- Economic policy analyst
- Policy and research analyst
- Quantitative behavioural strategist
- Infrastructure and investment adviser
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
An approved Bachelor degree with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7 point scale. An approved degree is a Bachelor degree in the discipline of economics, business or commerce; or a Bachelor degree containing at least four courses in any three of the following areas: microeconomics, macroeconomics, statistics and mathematics; or the graduate certificate in economics from this university with a GPA of 4.5.
- Course Code: 058270K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Finance and Investment Management at The University of Queensland
- Master of Business (MBus) in Supply Chain Management at The University of Queensland
- Master of Business Analytics at The University of Queensland
- Applied Finance Master of Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Master of International Economics and Finance / Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Master of Advanced Economics at The University of Queensland