Master of Professional Accounting
The Master of Professional Accounting (MPA) is designed to meet the global demand for high-quality graduates in accounting.
The Master of Professional Accounting is extremely popular for a number of reasons:
- Graduates of accounting benefit from high employment prospects. There are no shortages of accountancy job vacancies in the near future. This ensures jobs security.
- As the world economy progresses, the need for accounting graduates gets stronger, proving favourable for holders of qualifications from Australia due to overseas recognition. Graduates will meet the academic requirements for membership of CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, and the Institute of Public Accountants.
- An MPA qualification provides flexibility as accounting professionals are needed in any industry, meaning more options to choose from.
- Students will integrate theoretical and technical knowledge of financial and management accounting, auditing, finance, economics, quantitative methods, information systems, business law and taxation law.
The two-year course can be completed in one year if students have a bachelor degree in business or a related field.
The course is ideal for graduates who do not have an undergraduate degree in accountancy and wish to obtain a professional accountancy qualification for a career change.
Having a Master’s qualification will provide students with an added advantage over students who have completed a Bachelor degree.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Accounting firms
- Financial management
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- An equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in any discipline (the equivalent of an Australian bachelor's degree in a related discipline will be eligible for up to four units credit); or a Graduate Certificate in a related discipline.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Applicants must have an overall academic IELTS of 6.5 (with an individual score of 6.0 for all tests)
- Course Code: 085337E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A