Bachelor of Medical Engineering (Honours)
At the University of Newcastle, we train engineers capable of solving the world’s greatest challenges. As a medical engineer, you’ll strive to make medical treatment more effective, efficient, safer and affordable, and will be uniquely placed to save and improve lives.
What is medical engineering?
Students who study our medical engineering degree will learn to apply engineering principles and design processes to find innovative solutions to healthcare problems. They bring their creativity, critical thinking, and complex problem solving skills to developing and improving technology and human systems in medical settings. They need to have strong people skills and be particularly adept at working in interdisciplinary teams.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Medical engineers are involved with the design, development, testing and implementation of safe and effective technological solutions for the health and medicine industry. Depending on their area of specialisation, a medical engineer could work with:
- biomechanical devices
- surgical equipment
- nanotechnology drug delivery systems and diagnostic tests
- prosthetic limbs
- artificial organs
- electrical and computing systems relating for radiotherapy, respiration or dialysis
Medical engineers work in hospitals and other medical institutions, health-related manufacturing and technology companies, pharmaceutical companies, and research organisations. Emerging technologies and engineering applications in the medical field, combined with an ageing population are leading to global growth in demand for biomedical engineers.
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 096509K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Business at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle