Master of Occupational Health and Safety Science
Graduate with the skills you need to meet industry demand for highly qualified OHS professionals and to work globally in remote, rural or urban regions, across all industries.
The 32-unit Master of Occupational Health and Safety Science is designed for graduates in any field who have completed first year university level science.
For your two year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) studies, you'll undertake 14 courses, together with an elective to suit your interests and career goals.
You'll learn to apply theory to practice, build your industry contacts, and extend your independence as a researcher through a one- or two-semester industry research project.
You'll also have the opportunity to work in a host workplace on a part-time basis and plan, design, perform, analyse and report on an OHS industry research project.
You'll graduate ready to work across Australia and overseas, and across all industries, including mining, agriculture, retail, hospitality, construction, transport, manufacturing, health care, government, private sector or consultancy.
UQ's program is accredited by the Australian Occupational Health and Safety Education Accreditation Board. As a graduate, you'll be eligible to become a member of the following professional associations: Safety Institute of Australia, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia, and the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists.
- Learn from some of Australia's top Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) experts.
- Benefit from an industry-accredited program developed in response to industry demand for highly-qualified OHS professionals.
- Study a range of complementary disciplines, including environmental management, business and engineering, to further strengthen your work-readiness.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
- Feb Deadline: Nov
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Workplace health and safety adviser
- Health safety environment administrator
- Occupational health and safety policy officer
- Occupational health and safety manager
- Occupational health and safety compliance investigator
- Occupational health and safety infection control practitioner
- Health, safety and environmental manager
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Course Code: 092059G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Occupational Hygiene at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Food Science and Technology Research Extensive at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Clinical Neuropsychology and Clinical Psychology at The University of Queensland
- Master of Sports Coaching at The University of Queensland
- Masters of Occupational Hygiene / Occupational Health and Safety Science at The University of Queensland
- Master of Bioinformatics at The University of Queensland