Graduate Diploma in Business (Tourism and Destination Management)
Gain a specialised qualification for a career in policy, planning or management, with a Graduate Diploma in Business (Tourism and Destination Management).
This diploma gives graduates the competitive edge for managerial, policy-development and planning roles within the rapidly growing tourism and events industries.
Throughout the course, you'll study tourism and management with a focus on contemporary challenges faced by destinations internationally.
You'll gain expertise in current visitor-economy issues, acquiring managerial skills, and increasing your knowledge in modern tourism areas such as ‘green growth’ and sustainability.Once you've completed the diploma, you can transfer – with unit credits – to the Master of Tourism and Destination Management. Or use your new skills and professional networks to launch a career as a leader in tourism and event management or policy development
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
According to Deloitte(external link), the tourism industry is identified as ranking second within a set of ‘fabulous five’ industry sectors that will drive Australian economic growth, with projections of almost five per cent growth per annum, over the next 30 years.
The Graduate Diploma of Tourism and Destination Management will equip students for roles in:
- Tourism planning agencies
- Tourism promotion agencies such as ‘Destination Melbourne’
- Attractions management
- Marketing and communication (events)
- Planning within the travel sector (airlines and other major transport providers)
- Self-employment through tourism management businesses
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Course Code: 092068G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management at Victoria University
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in Enterprise and Resource Planning Systems at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Supply Chain Management) at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Marketing) at Victoria University