IES Foundation Year (EXTENDED PROGRAM)
The Extended program offers additional support and services to help students maximise their success at foundation and university. The extended feature of this program consists of Mathematics and intensive English. On top of the Student Services available to them as part of the Standard and Express programs, Extended students have regular meetings with the program coordinator to ensure they are meeting the challenges present in their studies. The program is especially beneficial for younger students who need to increase their English language competency.
The program is 47 weeks in duration, with two weeks holidays, and is taught over two semesters in a face-to-face delivery format. The Extended program starts in January and June.
The central business district is surrounded by magnificent landscapes and if you want an escape for the day, you are only a short distance away from world famous beaches, breathtaking natural sites, as well as rainforests and reefs. It is not surprising that Queensland attracts more than 50% of all international tourists in Australia!
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our team are here to help, ensuring you stay on track throughout the course.
- Teachers are assigned small groups of students to provide you with live individual support and contact when you need it.
- Regular checkpoint tasks help teachers to monitor your progress and provide you with constructive feedback.
- Forums in each subject allow you to post a question and receive a response within 24 hours.
- There is a dedicated Academic Support' page in Moodle where students can access a range of support tools.
- Teaching staff and Student Services staff monitor class attendance, Moodle engagement, and academic progress. Students who are not attending and/or engaging online will be individually contacted.
- Dedicated support for all IT issues can be accessed online.
PSW for bachelors and masters is 2yrs
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry levels for foundation year are described below:
Forecast results are accepted where appropriate.
Consideration is given to the actual subjects studied. Depending on your preferred undergraduate program, a minimum grade in mathematics may also apply.
Entry to the Express Program may require higher academic grades than those listed in the chart below. Eleven full years of schooling is also be required.
We will only accept an application if the results indicate the student will have a good chance of passing the foundation program.
Depending on the qualifications, 11 or 12 years of schooling is also required.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
5.0 Writing band 5.0
GCE O Levels
PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic)
- Course Code: 088291A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 10 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- IES English Pathway Program (EPP) 20 - week program at International Education Services (IES)
- IES English Pathway Program (EPP) 10 - week program at International Education Services (IES)
- IES Foundation Year (EXPRESS PROGRAM) at International Education Services (IES)
- IES Foundation Year (STANDARD PROGRAM) at International Education Services (IES)