Bachelor of Cyber Security
Understand how to investigate and combat cybercrime and cyber terrorism with a degree that will lead you into an in-demand industry and a career in managing security in cyberspace.
Deakin’s Bachelor of Cyber Security equips you with the skills and experience you need to address what’s quickly becoming the number one criminal threat to society.
Are you ready to join the fight against cybercrime?
Cybersecurity is a growing issue for individuals and businesses alike. As a cybersecurity graduate, you’ll have the skills demanded by a diverse range of industry and government sectors. Gain strong practical and theoretical knowledge, with an emphasis on understanding and assessing cybersecurity in a working environment, knowledge of security solutions, and an understanding of the business, ethical and legal implications of risk management. You’ll learn how to identify, diagnose, analyze, and manage the challenges of cybersecurity. You’ll cover areas such as:
- computer crime and digital forensics
- evaluating software for security vulnerabilities
- designing secure databases
- securing operating systems
- assessing and reinforcing the security of websites
- integrating security requirements into new developments
- designing secure network architectures
- performing risk assessments and responding to cybersecurity incidents.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
At Deakin’s Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, you are surrounded by expansive grounds and impressive new buildings. It offers state-of-the-art engineering, medical and sport facilities, as well as some of the most advanced research spaces in the world. The campus also features incredible sporting facilities, including Deakin’s Elite Sport Precinct, which includes an Australian rules football oval, FIFA-grade soccer pitch, athletics track, basketball courts, and more.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include work as a:
- security consultant
- information security auditor
- IT security engineer
- project manager
- security analyst
- security system developer or programmer
- security system manager
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
- Geelong/ Warrnambool Campus - 3 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII):- 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, with pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL. Applicants will be selected in accordance with the published Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for that year.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 091336M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Artificial Intelligence at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours) at Deakin University