Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science
With the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science, you gain specialist skills in a chosen field of medical laboratory science and learn to apply contemporary theory to current practice.
Medical laboratory scientists are facing new challenges as technologies evolve and diagnostic services change. Top-level evaluative and management skills are in demand along with specialized skills in research and development. The Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science prepares you for the challenges and opportunities ahead.
This program is open to all medical laboratory scientists (New Zealand registration and practicing certificates are required). There's an opportunity to follow either a management or a specialized scientist pathway.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
An applicant must:
- Have completed the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science, or equivalent
- Be registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand (MSCNZ)
- Hold a current Practising Certificate as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, issued by the MSCNZ
- Course Code: AK1027
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Sport, Exercise and Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)