Critical and Applied Musicology MA
This course offers a foundation in musicological thought and practice, opportunities to develop specialised applied, editorial, archival, critical and theoretical skills, and the chance to produce a significant piece of work in a musicological area of your choice, regardless of your musical tastes and preferences.
Through core modules you’ll explore issues in musicology that affect our understanding, reception and interpretation of music in critical and applied contexts. You’ll also have the chance to gain knowledge and skills through the study of aesthetic theory or applied research methods in musicology, enabling you to balance critical and applied forms of musicology to suit your interests.
Your major project will take the form of a dissertation with a specific musicological focus, or a piece of applied or practice-led musicological work such as an editing or transcription project, or an archival or fieldwork study, defining your topic in consultation with one of our expert staff.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Film Studies MA at University of Leeds
- Performance Design MA at University of Leeds
- High-Performance Graphics and Games Engineering MSc at University of Leeds
- Geographical Information Systems MSc at University of Leeds
- Digital Communications Networks MSc (Eng) at University of Leeds
- Communications and Signal Processing MSc (Eng) at University of Leeds