Intermediality: Literature, Film and the Arts in Dialogue MSc
As the first UNESCO World City of Literature, home of the Edinburgh International Festival and a major cultural hub, Edinburgh is the ideal place for the study of intermediality, that is, the interrelations between different art forms and their signification.
Our one-year taught Masters programme draws on world-class teaching and research expertise across media, from literature to film, music, painting, photography and visual culture more widely.
The programme will make you conversant with intermedial theory and equip you with the critical tools and historical background for understanding and analysing a wide range of intermedial phenomena across different periods and cultures, from ancient Rome to contemporary China, with an emphasis on the modern and contemporary period. It can also be completed part-time over two years.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This interdisciplinary program will give you the skills and experience to develop your independent research interests in a broad range of fields.
You may decide to concentrate on an academic career or use your acquired skills in art institutions such as museums, galleries, or cinemas. You may also choose to pursue a career in media companies, education, or in cultural policy and administration.
The discipline and confidence you’ll develop from a range of activities - from evaluating, comparing, and analyzing texts, to writing and speaking about your work - are invaluable in a range of professional roles.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a relevant subject.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- World Christianity MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MTh at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Urban Strategies and Design MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MTh at The University of Edinburgh