M.S. in Information Technology
Through the curriculum, graduates design and implement information technology solutions, develop and implement enterprise databases, perform technical analysis of systems and networks, design and create technical graphic and geographic technology solutions, and serve as information technology and communications security experts. The program focuses on developing the ability to conceptualize, organize and realize information technology projects that meet the needs of users within an organizational or societal context. Program course work encompasses core technologies and a specialization area with a culminating project experience.
Graduates of the information technology program are well-qualified for careers in the management of IT departments and functions. This degree couples technical skills with the business skills needed to manage technical functions. Some graduates may pursue careers as technical support staff based on the focus area and secondary skills they achieve.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Arizona State University’s Student Employment Office acts only as a referral service, advising individuals of employment opportunities submitted to the office. We make no recommendations or guarantees about the positions or employers listed through our office.
Arizona State University is not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus employment. Due to the volume of jobs received by the Student Employment Office, we are unable to research the integrity of every position listed. Therefore, students are urged to research positions and employers and conduct due diligence themselves. We encourage you to use common sense and caution when applying for positions, especially when applying for positions off-campus. Do not put yourself in a vulnerable situation. Carefully check any employer you are considering to be sure the job offered is legitimate. Watch the Federal Trade Commission's video on job scams. Arizona State University assumes no responsibility for the positions or employers listed through the Student Employment Office. By using this service, you assume sole and full responsibility for researching and conducting due diligence regarding potential employers as well as any employment you obtain.
- Use common sense when applying for and engaging in off-campus employment. If a potential employer asks you to participate in an activity that makes you uncomfortable in any way, don't do it.
- Be wary of 'check cashing scams.' If someone asks you to deposit a check/money order into your personal account and send money to another individual, you should refuse and contact our office immediately.
- Please be aware that the Student Employment Office will list employment opportunities on this website only. We are unable to prevent other websites from copying our listings and reposting them elsewhere.
Arizona State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age or veteran status in the University's services, educational programs, and activities, including, but not limited to, admission to and employment by the University. The Office of Equity & Inclusion has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the University's non-discrimination policies: Director, Office of Equity and Inclusion, 1100 E. University Dr. Building A, Tempe, Arizona 85287, Intercampus Mail Code 1304. For information generally about ASU's non-discrimination policies and procedures for filing complaints, visit the Office of Equity & Inclusion online. Some deadlines for filing complaints are as short as 30 days.
- PSW is 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, or a closely-related field, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00=A) in the last 60 hours of a student’s first bachelor’s degree program
- Minimum of 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00=A) in graduate work, if applicable
- If the applicant does not meet the minimum GPA requirements, the application may still be considered. In certain cases, demonstrated aptitude through professional experience or additional post-baccalaureate education will be considered.
- Proficiency in an object-oriented language is required e.g. python or Java and familiarity with Linux desirable
- An online Graduate Admission application
- Submit a professional resume and personal statement as part of the online admissions application.
- Official transcript from each college or university attended
- No GRE requirement
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 17000 USD
Application Fee: 115 USD