Art History MA
At Sussex, we believe art history matters and continues to be significant in today’s society.
This MA includes hands-on workshops and interactive sessions using the rich resources held in The Keep, Brighton’s world-class centre for archives. We also have partnerships with local and national museums and collections. These include the V&A, the National Portrait Gallery, Historic Royal Palaces, the National Trust, Brighton Museum & Art Gallery and Charleston – giving you access to expertise, art objects and research materials.
- art’s place in 20th-century visual culture
- museums and heritage
- feminism and queer studies
- criticism and the media.
You’ll be taught by professional curators as well as leading academics with established reputations for research. This means we can offer you expert guidance as you work on your own research, relevant to academia as well as the cultural and creative sectors beyond. On graduation, you’ll have the skills for both professional work and further study. Previous graduates having gone on to roles within prestigious institutions such as the British Museum, Soka Art Centre and Museum of London Archaeology (MOLA).
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music and Sonic Media MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Media Studies MA at University of Sussex
- International Journalism MA at University of Sussex
- Creative Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Creative and Critical Writing MA at University of Sussex