International Law LLM
This programme is ideally suited to those wishing to specialise in public international law and offers you a firm foundation in the fundamentals of the international legal system and international relations. It offers you an opportunity to pursue advanced specialist courses according to your personal interests and career plans.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme is suitable for professionally qualified lawyers wishing to practise international law, whether in law firms, at the bar, or as legal advisers in foreign ministries, other government departments, international organisations, or non-governmental organisations.
This programme may also provide the next step towards an academic career specialising in international law. It will also be of value to anyone seeking to develop a career in diplomacy, or international relations.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law. We may also consider a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in international relations or another social science subject.
Supporting Your Application
Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Inclusive Education MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Transformative Learning and Teaching MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Work, Master of MSW at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Research MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social and Political Science MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Public Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh