Bachelor of Economics
Become one of the highest paid graduates in Australia by learning how to question, analyse, model and predict human behaviour.
UQ is one of a select few universities in Australia to offer the Bachelor of Economics.
Our School of Economics is Queensland’s most experienced and largest, with more than 70 teaching and research staff.
This degree will help you answer questions such as:
- How can economies protect themselves against climate change?
- What are the benefits of free trade, and do economic sanctions work?
- How can the government encourage innovation?
Initially, you'll develop core economic skills through a set of compulsory courses. Then you will study either econometrics or how economics shapes areas such as public policy, business and industry, trade and the environment.
When you graduate, you'll be in high demand. You could work as an analyst, adviser, consultant, economist or researcher in a huge range of industries.
Our past graduates have worked in areas including consulting, infrastructure, environmental management, international finance, investment and trade, natural resources, health, treasury and statistics.
- Study at the only institution in Queensland to offer the Bachelor of Economics.
- Benefit from a research-intensive focus that ensures content is engaging and relevant today and into the future.
- Develop a range of statistical and analytical tools you can use to solve policy and decision-making challenges.
- UQ economics graduates: 76.9% were employed full time four months after completing their course. Good Universities Guide 2018
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Business and Industry
- Economics and Public Policy
- International Trade and Finance
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Quantitative Methods
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
- Feb Deadline: Nov
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Economic consultant
- Investment analyst
- Business development manager
- Regulatory affairs officer
- Economic analyst
- Industry engagement manager
- Business analyst
- International trade manager
- Policy analyst
- Energy and resource economist
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 001948F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Analytics) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management / Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management / Bachelor of Design at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor Of Arts / Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor Of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland